Balance Bar, one of America’s original nutrition/energy bar leaders, has introduced nimble™, the first bar for women that conveniently combines beauty and nutrition in a delicious, indulgent bar. Fortified with rich antioxidants, beta-carotene and 10mg of FloraGLO® Lutein, nimble provides vital nutrients for healthy skin and seven critical ingredients for women’s bodies: protein (10g); fiber (5g); calcium; iron; folate; and vitamins D and B6.
"Many women on the go have little time to think about nutrition and the effect it can have on how they look and feel,” said Erin Lifeso, Balance Bar’s director of marketing. “nimble’s clinically-supported formula takes healthy snacking a beautiful step forward.”
nimble provides these seven critical ingredients for women’s health:
- Fiber provides digestion health and a satiated feeling to make it easier to keep healthy eating on track.
- Protein gives you lasting energy, without any harsh blood sugar spikes that can cause you to overeat. (The protein in nimble is 100 percent whey protein and does not include soy.)
- Calcium is widely known for its importance to lasting bone health, but it also aids muscle function and nerve function. Vitamin D aids the absorption of Calcium, so pairing the two together provides lasting benefits.
- Vitamin B6 is a micronutrient that provides a stabilizing effect to your blood sugar and helps your immune system.
- Iron carries oxygen to your tissues, and is essential for resisting fatigue and poor concentration.
- Folate offers multiple benefits to women, for reproductive health and beyond.
The last several days I have been eating one Nimble bar about half way through the afternoon. A few times I have still had a small case of the munchies, but for the most part the Nimble bar was actually enough to satisfy my hunger and to give me an extra boost to get through the rest of the afternoon! When I first saw them I thought I would still be hungry after eating the Nimble bar since the bars are small, but there is so much substance to the bar that once I got past the initial feeling of wanting to eat more right away my stomach settled down and was actually content. As far as flavors go, the selection is still a bit limited. Right now the Nimble bar comes in either a Peanut Butter or Yogurt Orange Swirl.
Peanut Butter: The bars may be small, but they are packed with flavor!! I absolutely love the peanut butter bars, the taste was spot on - peanut butter, the texture was smooth. But don’t expect it to taste like you are licking a spoon you dipped in the peanut butter jar.
Yogurt Orange Swirl: This one was not my favorite, I do eat yogurt, but I'm picky about my flavors...darn I'm a picky eater all together! I usually eat strawberry, or raspberry...Although the texture was smooth, i wouldn't say i cared to much for the orange flavor, but to each their own!
One of my favorite aspects of the Nimble bar is that it is designed with the 40/30/30 nutritional model. This model balances the caloric sources to give your body edge it needs with 40% of calories from healthy carbohydrates, 30% from protein, and the remaining 30% of calories from dietary fat. Improved mood, reduced inflammation, and stabilized blood sugar are a few of the benefits of such a “balanced” bar. And only has 120 calories per bar.
nimble comes in 1.16 ounce single-serve bars and is certified Kosher. Suggested retail price is $1.69. They can be ordered online at www.Balance.com and www.Amazon.com, and are available at retail locations nationally wherever Balance Bars are sold.
The nimble/Quickie Chick Gift, valued at $109, is not available for sale.
One lucky winner will receive:
- twelve bars of nimble in two scrumptious flavors - Peanut Butter and Yogurt Orange Swirl
- an autographed copy of Laurel House’s just-published book, Quickie Chick’s Cheat Sheet to Life, Love, Food, Fitness, Fashion and Finance on a Less Than Fabulous Budget
- a limited retro-50s-style wildflower wristlet by glittersweet®
- two Bloom Black Ties - a hair tie that is also stylish jewelry. Wear it in your hair or wear it on your wrist. Either way it’s “The Elastic All Dressed Up!”
This giveaway is open to residents in US; 18+. Winner will have 48 hours to confirm before a forfeit is assumed. Giveaway will runs June 2, 2012 @ 12:01AM - June 17, 2012 @ 11:59PM (EST). "One winner per household, email address or home address. If you have won this prize on another blog you are ineligible to win again."
Disclaimer: Mom of 3 Boys was provided a free product(s) to review. All opinions are my own, Balance Bar has not influenced the editorial nature of this review and no other compensation was received. Please see our disclosure policy for more information.
a Rafflecopter giveaway