Oceanhouse Media, Inc. announced yesterday its Dr. Seuss’s The Bippolo Seed and Other Lost Stories app is now available for Apple and Android devices. The new Oceanhouse Media digital book (omBook) features a collection of seven short stories written and illustrated by Dr. Seuss for Redbook magazine back in the 1950s, and was launched on the same day as the Random House release of the hardcover book.
This is the first time the rediscovered stories have been published in book or digital form and the first time that Oceanhouse Media has launched an omBook simultaneously with a physical book’s release.
Aside from scholars and collectors, few eyes have seen these rare tales for more than half a century. News of their release has been highly anticipated by Dr. Seuss fans, generating much excitement for readers young and old.
Actors from across the U.S. provided the voices for the characters in the omBook which also includes custom features such as Dr. Seuss’s original artwork with enhanced color, picture/word association, word highlighting, individual word pronunciation and scene-by-scene custom background audio.
The Bippolo Seed and Other Lost Stories omBook features:
- The Bippolo Seed, a mischievous, greedy cat leads an innocent duck astray;
- The Bear, the Rabbit, and the Zinniga-Zanniga, a single eyelash saves a rabbit from an insecure bear;
- Gustav the Goldfish, a boy overfeeds his pet fish, causing it to outgrow its surroundings;
- Tadd and Todd, identical twins in search of their individuality;
- Steak for Supper, Seussian creatures follow a boy home hoping for a steak dinner;
- The Strange Shirt Spot, a boy who can’t seem to get dirt off of his shirt and everything else around him; and
- The Great Henry McBride, a day-dreaming boy fantasizes about his career choices.
The Bippolo Seed and Other Lost Stories omBook is available for the introductory price of $6.99 from the App Store and Android markets. Head over and get yours today!