July 4th celebrations will sparkle with there glittery party favors. Play some patriotic music; then invite youngsters to wave their sparklers as they march and move to the music.
Materials (per child)
- 1 capped flower pick (available at craft and garden stores)
- 1 drinking straw
- 1 silver pipe cleaner in each length; 4", 6", 8"
- blue glue paint
- blue glitter
- red, white, and blue curling ribbon
- Paint the tube and cap of the flower pick with glue-paint. Sprinkle glitter on the paint while it is still wet. Then let the paint dry.
- Fit the end of the pick into the straw.
- Twist the pipe cleaners together. Then fold the ends toward each other.
- Poke the folded end of the pipe cleaners into the top of the pick. Bend and spread the pipe cleaners as desired.
- Tie red, white and blue ribbon around the sparkler. Then curl the ends of the ribbon.
- To make glue-paint, mix equal amounts of glue and blue paint
- poke the glittered flower pick into a foam cube to keep it upright while the glue dries