I found these yummy treats in my in-box this morning...Thank you Parents Mag!
- 8 tablespoons strawberry topping
- 4 bananas, peeled and halved crosswise
- 1-1/2 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
- 8 tablespoons pineapple topping
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/3 cup chocolate-fudge topping
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- Whipped cream
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 8 maraschino cherries (drained and patted dry)
Directions 1. Divide strawberry topping among eight 6-ounce plastic or paper cups. Insert a wooden stick into each banana half; place one in each cup, stick side up. Cover and freeze for an hour.
2. Divide strawberry ice cream among cups, spooning it in around bananas; repeat with pineapple topping. Freeze for 15 minutes. Spoon vanilla ice cream, fudge topping, and chocolate ice cream into cups until full. Place a square of aluminum foil with a slit in the center over each cup. Freeze overnight or until firm.
3. When ready to eat, peel off the cups. Top each pop with whipped cream, walnuts, and a cherry.
Recipe adapted from Pops! Icy Treats for Everyone copyright © 2008 by Krystina Castella. Photographs copyright © 2008 by Emily Brooke Sandor. Reprinted with permission of Quirk Books; quirkbooks.com.
|Mint Chocolate Chip|
- 1 box (1.75-quart) mint-chocolate-chip ice cream
- 16 mint wafer candies, such as Nestle After Eight Thin Mints
Directions 1. Fold down one long side of the box and cut the ice cream into squares that are the size of the candies.
2. Sandwich ice cream between two pieces of candy and press together gently. Insert small wooden sticks into the ice cream. Freeze, covered, for about 1 hour to harden. All to soften a bit before eating.
|PB & Raspberry|
|Root Beer Float|